As the global platform for the finest new vehicles in the world, there is no better place to launch Jaguar’s first high-performance sports estate car and the third model in our ultra-high performance R-S range.
Available from April 2014, the XFR-S Sportbrake is a vivid expression of our longstanding and legendary sports saloon lineage – joining its XFR-S saloon sibling in the exclusive 186mph club.
With engineering features from both the XKR-S and the new F-TYPE two-seater sports car, the new XFR-S Sportbrake enters as the most driver-focused, agile and responsive iteration of Jaguar’s award-winning XF model range.
Big on performance
The XFR-S Sportbrake is as impressive on paper as it is behind the wheel – boasting 550PS of power and 680Nm of torque from its 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine. The result? A breath-taking zero to 60mph time of 4.6 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.8 seconds). And with its 8-speed ‘Quickshift’ transmission, the car’s electronically limited top speed of 186mph (300km/h) really is at a driver’s fingertips.
Big on practicality
Perhaps the most notable thing about the XFR-S Sportbrake is that all the power and adrenaline normally found on the track, now exists in a vehicle capacious enough to carry whatever life throws your way. But can a car with a 1,675 litre load space, really perform when its at capacity? Certainly. Both the rear suspension and the entire chassis of the XFR-S have been specifically re-engineered to ensure even when its being used as an estate, it never feels like one.
“Combining real-world versatility with electrifying performance, the XFR-S Sportbrake brings Jaguar’s sporting character to life in a truly engaging car that will satisfy the most demanding of drivers while fitting into the most active of lifestyles.”
Dean Murden, Vehicle Programme Director, Jaguar
Finally, having the power to feel alive doesn’t have to conflict with the practicalities of real life.
- Identical power and agility as the XFR-S saloon, but with increased versatility and practicality
- 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine delivering 550PS of power and 680Nm of torque
- Massive 1,675 litres of rear load space (with rear seats folded flat)
- Zero to 60mph in 4.6 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.8 seconds)
- Top speed of 186mph or 300km/h (electronically limited)
- Eight-speed transmission with ‘Quickshift’ functionality
- Specially retuned chassis and suspension
- Active electronic differential and Dynamic Stability Control systems
- Augmented aerodynamics to reduce lift
- 20-inch ‘Varuna’ forged alloy wheels – same as fitted to the XFR-S Saloon
- Exclusive interior materials – including carbon leather, plus contrasting highlight micro-piping and stitching
- From £82,495 in the UK