How to participate
1. To participate in this promotion all entrants must attend a Retailer Ride Out Event held at one of 33 Dealerships across the UK. Once completed, entrants must then upload their Retailer Ride Out Data to Strava by 10am Monday 15th September 2014. Strava is a free app that allows you to plot and track rides via your iPhone, Android or dedicated GPS device. For more information visit www.strava.com. Participants will need to have joined the Retailer Strava group for the ride out attending. A link will be sent to the relevant Retailer Strava group via a confirmation email upon registration.
2. 33 entrants (Grand Final Entrants) will be selected at random from the completed entries (the Grand Final Draw) to attend the Grand Final 2014 – 1 entrant per Retailer.
3. The Grand Final will consist of a competition between the Grand Final Entrants involving various cycling and driving activities. The top scoring male and top scoring female will win the prize of attending Team Sky’s training camp in Majorca in 2015 to ride with them.
4. The Grand Final Prize Draw is open to all residents of the UK and Northern Ireland aged 28 years or over who have held a valid, current and full driving licence for more than 5 years with no more than six penalty points.
5. Proof of age and licence will be required from all Grand Final Entrants
6. You must be able to attend The Grand Final, dates to be confirmed (Late September 2014/October 2014)
7. No employees, agents or suppliers of the Promoter, its retailer network, associated companies or their families are eligible to take part in the prize draw.
8. Only full and properly completed entries will be considered as a valid entry.
Retailer Ride Out Event
9. There are 33 Retailer Ride Out Events being held in 2014, find your nearest one here.
10. To register, entrants will need to complete the Retailer Ride Out Event Registration form for the specific event they wish to attend. A list of the Retailer Ride Out Events can be found here, along with links to the registration form for each Retailer Ride Out Event.
11. Retailer Ride Out Events are non-competitive.
12. Entry is free. However, a discretionary donation of £10 to Brake (the road safety charity) Registered Charity Number 1093244 is suggested.
13. All entrants must use their own bicycles, helmets must be worn at all times and it is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure their bike is in a suitable condition for a 50 mile cycle ride. Entrants not wearing helmets will be asked to leave the ride out.
14. Entrants must record their completion of the Retailer Ride Out Event by using the Strava App which will record their Retailer Ride Out Data.
The Grand Final Prize Draw
15. To have a chance of participating in the Grand Final Prize Draw entrants will need to upload their Retailer Ride Out Data to Strava by 10am Monday 15th September 2014.
16. To upload Retailer Ride Out Data you must record your ride via your GPS devise and share your route on Strava. A link will be sent to the relevant Retailer Strava group via a confirmation email upon registration, participants must be part of the relevant Strava group to ensure that uploads can be viewed.
17. All entrants must be able to attend the Grand Final in order to participate, the final dates are yet to be confirmed.
18. 33 entrants will be selected to compete in The Grand Final.
19. Whilst an entrant may take apart in multiple Retailer Ride Out Events, only the first upload of an entrant’s Retailer Ride Out Data will constitute a valid entry into The Grand Final Prize Draw.
20. The draw for The Grand Final will be made at 2pm on Monday 15th September 2014. Successful Grand Final Entrants will be contacted using the contact details provided within their Retailer Ride Out Data.
21. In the event that Grand Final Entrants cannot be contacted within 3 days of the date of the draw, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw from eligible entries.
22. If after selection, a Grand Final Entrant is unable to compete in The Grand Final for any reason they must notify the Promoter, Jaguar Land Rover Limited. Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry, CV3 4LF, England immediately. In this circumstance, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the place to another entrant drawn at random.
23. Entry in The Grand Final Prize Draw is free.
The Grand Final
24. The Grand Final is a competition between the 33 Grand Final Entrants comprising of cycling and driving activities.
25. Grand Final Entrants will be required to use their own bicycles, helmets must be worn and it is the Grand Final Entrants responsibility to ensure their bike is in a suitable condition for a 10 mile time trial.
26. Participation in The Grand Final is free, however travel expenses and accommodation is not included.
27. Grand Final Entrants will be awarded a score based on time for each activity they complete. The scores from each activity will be added together to create a final score.
28. he male Grand Final Entrant with the highest final score and the female Grand Final Entrant with the highest score (the Grand Final Winners) will each win the Prize.
29. Due to the bespoke nature of The Grand Final, the exact details are subject to change and alternative arrangements may be made for selecting the Grand Final Winners.
30. The Grand Final Winners will each win the Team Sky Majorca training camp prize.
31. The Prize includes flights, bike transport (own bike transit bag required) and full board accommodation (spending money and bar charges excluded).
32. The Prize must be taken on the dates stipulated by the Promoter/Team Sky.
33. There is no cash or credit alternative and the prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable.
34. The Grand Final Winners accept and agree to take part in all promotional activity requested of it by the Promoter. Such promotion may include, press interviews, photography shoots and promotional video footage.
35. In the event that either of the Grand Final Winners is unable to take up the Prize for any reason they must notify Jaguar Land Rover Limited. Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry, CV3 4LF, England immediately. In these circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to a Grand Final runner up.
36. If the Promoter subsequently discovers that and Grand Final Entrant or Grand Final Winner is ineligible, or foul play is suspected under these terms and conditions then the Promoter reserves the right to not award the place and another Grand Final Entrant will be selected.
37. The Grand Final Winners each accept that the Prize is dependant on Team Sky’s availability and there is a risk that it may be cancelled or suspended for reasons outside the control of the Promoter.
38. The Promoter may collect personal information from entrants under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. The Promoter reserves the right to contact all entrants regarding various product and service promotions or other related communications. Should entrants wish not to be contacted, they should write to the Promoter at the address at point 45. Entrants will have the opportunity to opt-out of future correspondence in any subsequent communications.
39. The Promoter cannot accept liability for any system failures, network errors, website unavailability, hacks on the system, personal computer issues or any other issue out of our reasonable control. In addition, the Promoter does not take any responsibility for incomplete entries as a result of any technical interruption, fault or site failure.
40. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify from the promotion any Grand Final Entrant or Grand Final Winner suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of the website, multiple computer generated entries, or otherwise in our opinion fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly.
41. By entering a Retailer Ride Our Event and/or by submitting your Retailer Ride Out Data to the Promoter you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
42. The name and county of each of the Grand Final Winners will be available six weeks after the closing date by sending a SAE to Jaguar Land Rover Limited. Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry, CV3 4LF, England.
43. The Promoter's decision is final in every situation (including any which are not covered by these terms and conditions).
44. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The parties agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and the prize draw.
45. The Promoter of this promotion is: Jaguar Land Rover Limited. Registered in England and Wales; No 1672070, Registered Office: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry, CV3 4LF, England.